On March 19, 2020, Christopher C. Krebs, the director of the US Department of Homeland Security Cyber Security & Infrastructure Security Agency issued a mandate in collaboration with other federal agencies and the private sector that identifies certain medical and health care, providers as "Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers critical to the public health and safety, as well as economic and national security.
To this end, Sunrise Physical Therapy Services, Inc. in an effort to ensure we can continue to provide those essential physical therapy services to our patients/clients have determined that we will continue to operate and see patients, in the office, on a limited basis, based exclusively on a determination of a medical or physical therapy need that cannot be addressed by way of telehealth, and to ensure that we continue to provide the best and most comprehensive care and treatment to our patients/clients.
We will be operating with the following restrictions:
• If you wish to consult a therapist to determine if your condition is appropriate for continued in person treatment please immediately contact Sunrise Physical Therapy Services, Inc., and a Physical Therapist will contact you within 24 hours for telephonic evaluation of whether or not your condition is appropriate for continued in office therapy, or whether your condition may be more appropriate and amenable to telehealth evaluation and therapy.
• If it is determined after a discussion with your Physical Therapist, that an in office visit would be appropriate, we will be adhering to The CDC guidelines to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of both our patients, our physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and staff. This will include a requirement that each patient comply with additional new office policies, guidelines, and restrictions.
• Every patient will be required to sign an additional consent form to continue in office treatment and evaluation.
• Every patient will undergo a screening evaluation at each treatment session and will be transitioned to telehealth if appropriate.
• Every patient will be required to fill out a Covid-19 Infectious Disease Screening prior to each visit and it is critically important that the patient be honest and forthright in the responses to this form.
• Every patient will cooperate with additional critical antibacterial and hygienic procedures in the office as dictated by the Physical Therapy staff to ensure maximum protection for all involved including waiting in the car until the appointment is called.
• The patient/client further agrees that if, at any time you become symptomatic or test positive for Covid-19, they will immediately contact Sunrise Physical Therapy Services by phone and e mail to advise the staff of their current medical status.
Acknowledgement: I have read this consent form and understand the risks involved, and agree to fully cooperate, participate in all physical therapy procedures, and comply with the established plan of care.