Statement of Clients’ Rights
Clients have the right to:
· Be treated with dignity and respect.
· Fair treatment; regardless of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, sexual
orientation, disability, or source of payment.
· Have treatment and other client information kept private. Only where
permitted by law, may records be released without client permission.
· Easily access timely care.
· Know treatment choices regardless of cost or coverage by insurance plan.
· Share in developing treatment plan.
· Information in understandable language.
· A clear explanation of condition and treatment options.
· Information about Capstone, its practitioners, services, and role in
· Information about clinical guidelines used in providing and managing care.
· Ask provider about their work history and training.
· Give input on this statement.
· Know about advocacy and community groups and prevention services.
· Freely file a complaint or concern and learn how to do so.
· Know rights and responsibilities in treatment process.
· Receive services that will not jeopardize employment.
· Request certain preferences in a provider.
· Have provider decisions about their care made without regard to financial