As a Haumana, I have:
- The right to treatment and services under conditions that support my independence and restrict such independence only as necessary to comply with the law, court orders, and as needed for good treatment.
- The right to a written treatment plan to be developed within 30 days from admission that fits my individual needs. My treatment will be based on the treatment plan with set times for review. Any revisions will be appropriate to my treatment needs.
- The right to ongoing participation in the planning, development and revision of my treatment plan.
- The right to be provided with reasonable explanation of all aspects of my own condition and treatment.
- The right to refuse treatment except during emergency situations or as permitted under law in the case of a person committed by a court for treatment.
- The right not to participate in experimentation without my informed, voluntary, written consent and the right to appropriate protection with such participation. The right and opportunity to change my mind about such consent.
- The right to be treated as a human being in a place that is safe and private. • The right to confidential treatment of my records. The right to access my own substance abuse records upon request.
- The right to be informed promptly in language and terms that I understand of the rights described in this section
- The right to grieve with respect to infringement of what is written here, including the right to have such grievances considered in a fair, timely and impartial procedure.
- The right to exercise these rights without it being held against me, including reprisal in the form of denial of any appropriate available treatment. • The right to the least restrictive level of services with residential treatment being the most restrictive and outpatient treatment being the least.
I hereby certify that I fully understand my rights and have been provided with a copy of this document.