5333 McAuley Drive Reichert Health Building Suite 5115 Ypsilanti, MI 48197734.434.4430 www.annarborendo.com
Have you recently experienced any of the following symptoms?
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTRECEIPT OF NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES(HIPAA)Ann Arbor Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, P.C.
Protected health information (PHI), about you, is maintained as an electronic record of your contacts or visits for healthcare services with our practice. PHI is information about you, including demographic information (i.e., name address, phone, etc.) that may identify you and relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health condition and related health services
Our practice is required to follow specific rules on maintain the confidentiality of your PHI, using your information, and disclosing and sharing this information with other healthcare professionals involved in your care and treatment. This Notice describes your rights to access and control your PHI. It also describes how we follow applicable rules and use and disclose your PHI to provide your treatment, obtain payment for services you receive, manage our healthcare operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have received the notice of Privacy Practices from Ann Arbor Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, P.C.
External Prescription History
In order to ensure that your medication list is current and accurate, your doctor may need to access your prescription history through your pharmacy. By signing below, you give permission to allow AAEDA to access your External Rx history.
ANN ARBOR ENDO AND DIABETES ASSOCIATES, P.C. FINANCIAL POLICY
Thank you for choosing Ann Arbor Endocrinology as your health care provider. The following is a statement of our policy that outlines patient and practice financial responsibilities.
1. It is your responsibility to provide us with correct insurance information at the time of your appointment. If you are a new patient to us, and do not have your insurance card and photo ID, we cannot verify your identity, we will have to reschedule your appointment. As a service to you, we will file a claim to your primary and secondary insurance ONLY. We do not file tertiary claims. Your insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company, we are not part of that contract, and we cannot guarantee payment of your claims. If your insurance pays only portion of your claim, or rejects entirely, you must follow up with them as any explanation should be made to you, their policy holder.
2. Co-payments and all outstanding balances are due at the time of check-in. We accept cash, check, money order, credit cards, HSA debit cards.
3. Additional balances due, if applicable, will be billed to you after insurance carrier has processed the claim. You will have 30 days to pay balance in full unless other arrangement has been made with our office. We do offer payments on line through secure patient portal www.annarborendo.com. After 60 days, delinquent accounts will be forwarded to collection agency and $10.00 fee will be added to your balance to recover our cost for collection. A $30.00 fee will be charged for any NSF checks. Unpaid balances may result in inability to schedule a follow up appointment.
4. Some HMO health plans may require a referral to be seen by our doctors. You, not our office, are responsible for obtaining an insurance authorization from your Primary Care Physician prior to your visit. We need to have your referral 3 days before your appointment, or your appointment will be canceled. Patients without proper referral who elect to receive service from the office will be required to make payment in full at thetime of service.
5. In the event you are unable to keep your appointment we request, at minimum, a 24-hour notice. We reserve the right to dismiss any patient that has accumulated two or more missed or late cancelled appointments. You will be notified in writing of such termination. Our physician will continue to serve you for 30 days (unless otherwise specified) allowing you and your referring doctor to make alternative arrangements for your care. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled visit we will have to reschedule yourappointment.
6. Ann Arbor Endocrinology is a part of Patient Centered Medical Home (PPP). We are committed to providing you with the best care possible to reach your goals and improve your overall health through timely, appropriate, and coordinated care. If you are not satisfied with your current provider we will notswitch within this office. We will be happy to forward your recordsto any endocrinologist you choose outside this practice.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information presented above and agree to be fully responsible for any and all charges rendered and not covered by my insurance plan.
Limited Patient Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health InformationAnn Arbor Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, P.C
I authorize Ann Arbor Endocrinology and Diabetes Associates, P.C to disclose or provide my protected health information (PHI) about me to the individual(s) listed below.
This authorization will expire after one year of the date of your signature below. We have no control over the person(s) you have listed to receive your protected health information. Therefore, your PHI disclosed under this authorization may no longer be protected by the requirements of the Privacy Rule, andwill no longer be the responsibility of Ann Arbor Endocrinology. You have the right to terminate this authorization at any time by submitting a written request to us.
Ann Arbor Endocrinology & Diabetes Associates Patient Portal Access
The Following agreements and procedures relate to online communications:
1. Ann Arbor Endocrinology will not forward online communications with you to third parties except as authorized or required by law for treatment or billing purposes.
2. Online communications should be used for limited purposes only, and should never be used for emergency or time-sensitive matters. Urgent matters should only be handled via other means of communication such as telephone or existing emergency communication tools.
3. Ann Arbor Endocrinology will strive to respond to online requests in a timely manner, but it is your responsibility for determining if an unanswered online communication was not received. Therefore, if you do not receive a response from the practice in a timely fashion either by phone, mail or patient portal please be sure to contact the practice to follow up.
4. You are responsible for taking steps to protect yourself from unauthorized use of online communications, such as keeping your password confidential.
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand this consent form. I understand the risks associated with communication between AAEDA and me via the patient portal and consent to the conditions herein. In addition, I agree to the instructions outlined above, as well as any other instructions that AAEDA may impose to communicate with patients via the patient portal. Any questions I may have had were answered.
Telemedicine Service Consent Form
Informed Consent for Telemedicine Services