INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR NIGHT GUARD USE
1. When you start using your new appliance, it will feel bulky and foreign. Your mouth will also salivate. After 2 weeks to one month of continuous use, you will feel natural and you will salivate little or not at all. Most people feel that they cannot sleep without the night guard after continuous use.
2. Please use Kleenite to clean the appliance. Disregard the line that says use hot tap water, use warm tap water. Hot tap water will distort the material. Do not use Listerine or other mouthwashes, as the acrylic will harden and no longer fit well. Remove from your mouth in the morning and brush and rinse the appliance with water.
3. Air dry the appliance after use, then keep it in its case dry for storage or transportation
4. Keep the night guard away from pets as they love them as chew toys.
5. If the night guard no longer fits or, your teeth feel uncomfortable after use, please call for an appointment to adjust the appliance.
6. Wear spots in the night guard are normal; your teeth would have worn instead. Cracks can be harmful since the appliance may separate in your mouth. Please discontinue use if the appliance is fractured, and have a new one made.
When you have any questions please call and our staff will be happy to help you.