Due to Covid-19, we are taking extra precautions to keep both our staff and patients safe. Parents/guardians must sign and initial this form prior to resuming in-clinic therapy services.
Below are the precautions our office is taking to protect our staff and patients:
Our waiting room is closed. Drop off and pick up procedures are described below for each clinic location:
DC Office – DROP OFF: Rear of building, upstairs lobby
PICK UP: Front of building on Pennsylvania Ave (glass door)
VA Office – DROP OFF: Office entrance door, 2nd-floor
PICK UP: S Wayne St side of the building, next to dry cleaner
• If your child is coming for an initial evaluation or for his/her first therapy visit, the evaluating/treating therapist will meet you and your child and escort you for the evaluation/first session. Only 1 parent may accompany their child for the evaluation.
• A health screening questionnaire must be filled out prior to your appointment. This health screening will be sent prior to your appointment via email. The screening follows CDC guidelines that will allow Skills on the Hill to keep all families and staff members safe.
• Therapy start times will be staggered for cleaning between sessions and to allow for social distancing.
• Each child/therapist pair will work in their own space during sessions.
• Each therapist and child will follow the WHO protocol for hand washing before and after each session and during sessions if needed.
• Therapists will wear masks. We are requesting that patients also wear masks if possible. If a patient does not have experience wearing a mask or is resistant, we are able to address wearing a mask in therapy as part of treatment if agreed upon in advance by the parent and therapist.
• Therapists will clean and disinfect all toys/equipment after each activity and/or session. Please note, we have developed very structured procedures and are following CDC guidelines.
• We will not use shared tactile mediums (Play-Doh, therapy putty, etc), the ball pit, or fabric pillows/swings during sessions.