Due to Covid-19, we are taking extra precautions to keep both our staff and patients safe. Parents/guardians must sign and initial this form prior to resuming in-clinic therapy services.
Below are the precautions our office is taking to protect our staff and patients:
Our waiting room is closed. Drop off and pick up procedures are described below for each clinic location:
DC Office – DROP OFF: Rear of building, upstairs lobby
PICK UP: Front of building on Pennsylvania Ave (glass door)
VA Office – DROP OFF: Office entrance door, 2nd-floor
PICK UP: S Wayne St side of the building, next to dry cleaner
• If your child is coming for an initial evaluation or for his/her first therapy visit, the evaluating/treating therapist will meet you and your child and escort you for the evaluation/first session. Only 1 parent may accompany their child for the evaluation.
• Therapy start times will be staggered for cleaning between sessions and to allow for social distancing.
• Each child/therapist pair will work in their own space during sessions.
• Each therapist and child will follow the WHO protocol for hand washing before and after each session and during sessions if needed.
• Therapists will wear masks. We are requesting that patients also wear masks if possible. If a patient does not have experience wearing a mask or is resistant, we are able to address wearing a mask in therapy as part of treatment if agreed upon in advance by the parent and therapist.
• Therapists will clean and disinfect all toys/equipment after each activity and/or session. Please note, we have developed very structured procedures and are following CDC guidelines.
• We will not use shared tactile mediums (Play-Doh, therapy putty, etc), the ball pit, or fabric pillows/swings during sessions.