Your Responsibility to Minimize Your Exposure
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions that will mitigate the risk to everyone (you, me, our families, our staff and other clients) from exposure, sickness and possible death. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting/returning to a telehealth arrangement.
• You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom free. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, cold or flu, nasal congestion or runny nose, extreme fatigue, vomiting or diarrhea. Emergency warning signs that require medical attention immediately: trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face. You will take your temperature before coming to each appointment. If it is elevated (100ᵒ Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of the coronavirus, you agree to cancel the appointment or proceed using telehealth. You will not be charged a cancellation fee due to illness.
• If you have been out of the state or country, you will not schedule an in-person session for 10 days after your return or you will bring the negative test results of a COVID-19 test taken after your return.
• You will wait in your car or outside (maintaining 6 feet of social distancing from others) until your therapist comes to the front door to the parking lot.
• You will follow me directly to the office we will use. I will open/close doors if necessary.
• You will adhere to the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the waiting room and testing/therapy room. For example, you won’t move chairs or sit where we have signs asking you not to sit.
• You will wear a mask as you come into the Center's office building and while in the hallways. Once in my office, you and I can decide to wear masks or not.
• You will keep a distance of 6 feet and there will be no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands) with staff or me.
• You will take steps between appointments to minimize your exposure to COVID-19.
• If you have a job that exposes you to other people who are infected, you will immediately let me and our staff know.
• If your commute or other responsibilities or activities put you in close contact with others (beyond your family), you will let me and our staff know.
• If a resident of your home tests positive for the infection, you will immediately let me and our staff know and we will then begin or resume treatment via telehealth.
• To minimize risk of spreading germs during this time, we will not offer any beverage. Should you need to have something to drink during our session, please bring the beverage with you and bring the bottle or cup back out with you. There is a garbage bin just outside the front door.