5. I understand that if the PHI that I have requested is maintained in more than one designated record set or at more than one location, the pharmacy need only produce the PHI once.
6. I understand that the pharmacy may provide me with a summary of the PHI requested, in lieu of providing access to the PHI, or may provide an explanation of the PHI to which access has been provided, if:
A. I agree in advance to such a summary or explanation; and
B. I agree in advance to the fees imposed, if any, by the covered entity for such summary or explanation.
7. If I requested a photocopy of my PHI or if I agree to a summary or explanation of such information, the pharmacy may impose a reasonable, cost-based fee, provided that the fee includes only the cost of:
A. copying, including the cost of supplies for and labor of copying, the PHI requested;
B. postage, if I requested the copy, or the summary or explanation, be mailed; and
C. preparing an explanation or summary of the PHI, if I agreed to such.
8. If the pharmacy denies my request, in whole or in part, the following steps must be taken:
A. The pharmacy must, to the extent possible, give me access to any other PHI requested, after excluding the PHI to which the pharmacy has denied access.
B. The pharmacy must provide me, within the applicable 30-day or 60-day period, a written denial in plain language containing the following:
i.the basis for the denial;
ii.if applicable, a statement of my review rights, including a description of how I may exercise such review rights and the pharmacy’s obligations with respect to my review rights; and
iii. a description of how I may complain to the covered entity or to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS
C. If the pharmacy does not maintain the PHI that I requested, and the pharmacy knows where the requested PHI is maintained, the pharmacy must inform me where to direct my request for access to the PHI.
9. I understand that any use or disclosure of my PHI that I make, whether intentional or unintentional, after reviewing or obtaining copies of the requested PHI is my responsibility.