Liability Release and Waiver
Acknowledgement of Participant Responsibility, Express Assumption of Risk, and Release of Liability.
In consideration of authorization to participate in a Wild Grief event, I hereby agree and acknowledge the following, including a release of liability, which will apply to this and any future Wild Grief events:
1. By signing this Waiver & Release for myself (or for the participant if the participant is under 18) I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, and INDEMNIFY Wild Grief, a non-profit Washington State corporation, and its officers, directors, volunteers, members, employees and agents, and any and all authorized participants for any injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of participation in any Wild Grief event, or any activity associated with said events, caused by the NEGLIGENCE of any of the above-named persons or entities. I understand that this Release is also binding on my heirs and representatives and that any legal action that may arise at any Wild Grief event will be handled in the state of Washington according to Washington State law.
2. I understand that there are certain risks associated with a Wild Grief program whether virtual or outside, either solo or in a group, including emotional stress or trauma, and the risk of serious personal injury or death, and I expressly agree to assume these risks. When undertaking a group outdoor activity, I understand the route chosen may be challenging, not necessarily the safest or easiest route, and that weather, and trail conditions may make the hike more difficult. I warrant that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this event.
3. Unless I expressly opt-out below, I give permission to Wild Grief to use my image, and voice in any future Wild Grief materials, including print or on-line, should I appear in photos or videos taken during any Wild Grief event.
4. I understand Wild Grief and all its sponsors, their respective officers, directors, volunteers, members, employees and agents are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal property during any Wild Grief event.
5.Wild Grief reserves the right to remove a participant from a Wild Grief event if the participant is determined by an authorized Wild Grief representative to be disruptive, or is endangering themself or other participants.
6. I understand Wild Grief requires all participants to observe and comply with applicable state, city and county public health orders, laws and regulations for preventing the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19. I understand Wild Grief cannot be held liable for any exposure to Coronavirus/COVID-19.