Our office understands the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined here how our office is using and disclosing your information.
This office will collect, use, and disclose information about you for the following purposes :
- To deliver safe and efficient patient care
- To indentify and to ensure continuous high quality service
- To assess your health needs
- To provide health care
- To advise you of treatment options
- To enable us to contact you
- To establish and maintain communication with you
- To offer and provide treatment, care and services in relationship to the oral and maxillofacial complex and dental care generally
- To communicate with other treating health-care providers, including specialists and general dentists who are referring dentists and/or peripheral dentists
- To allow us to maintain communication and contact with you to distribute health-care information and to book and confirm appointments
- To allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- For teaching and demonstrating purposes on an anonymous basis
- To complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payment
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients’ charts and records to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in a timely fashion, when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act
- To comply with agreements/undertakings entered into voluntarily by the member with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, including the delivery and/or review of patients’ charts and records to the College in a timely fashion for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- To permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to evaluate the dental practice
- To allow potential purchases, practice brokers or advisors to conduct an audit in preparation for a practice sale
- To deliver your charts and records to the dentist’s insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to asses liability and quantify damages, if any
- To prepare materials for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB)
- To invoice for goods and services
- To process credit card payments
- To collect unpaid accounts
- To assist this office to comply with all regulatory requirements
- To comply generally with the law
By signing the consent section of this Patient Consent Form, you have agreed that you have given your informed consent to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes that are listed. If a new purpose arises for the use and/or disclosure of your personal information, we will seek your approval in advance.
Your information may be accessed by regulatory authorities under the terms of the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) for the purposes of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario fulfilling its mandate under the RHPA, and for the defense of a legal issue.
Our office will not, under any conditions, supply your insurer with your confidential medical history. In the event this kind of request is made, we will forward the information directly to you for review and for your specific consent.
When unusual requests are received, we will contact you for permission to release such information. We may also advise you if such a release is inappropriate.
You may withdraw your consent for use or disclosure of your personal information, and we will explain the ramifications of that decision and the process.