The COVID-19 antibody screening is testing for antibodies to the coronavirus indicating that you have been exposed and developed antibodies to fight of the coronavirus. Positive test results could indicate antibodies for other coronavirus strains and the test should not be used as a sole basis for diagnosing infection status. The novel coronavirus has many variables and unknowns. This test will be looking for two different types of antibodies, IgG and IgM. IgM is usually the first antibody produced by the immune system when a virus attacks. A positive IgM test indicates that you may have been infected and that your immune system has started responding to the virus. When IgM is detected you may still be infected, or you may have recently recovered from a COVID-19 infection. IgG antibodies develop in most patients within seven to 10 days after symptoms of COVID-19 begin. IgG antibodies remain in the blood after an infection has passed. These antibodies indicate that you may have had COVID-19 in the recent past and have developed antibodies that may protect you from future infection. It is unknown at this point how much protection antibodies might provide against reinfection or how long those antibodies last in the blood.
1. I acknowledge that my participation in this test is completely voluntary and I confirm that there is no mandate or employer-imposed requirement to participate in this antibody screening test.
2. I have read and understood the disclaimer above about the COVID-19 Antibody Screening.
3. My test results will be shared with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and test results may be used for further scientific studies.
4. My personal information will only be shared with CDPHE unless I designate anyone else to receive the results.
5. If a positive antibody result, it is my responsiblity to inform my primary care provider.
6. I have been informed that there may be some unforeseen or unpredictable risks during blood collection and may cause harm, injury, or pain.
7. I agree to the $30 fee for the test and understand that the Salida Pharmacy & Fountain will not submit this fee to insurance for reimbursment. If I choose, it is my responsibility to seek reimbursement from my insurance.
I hereby waive all rights and claims; release and discharge this healthcare organization, their past, present and future officials, administrators, professionals, workers, and members for any or all claims and demands including mental, physical and psychological damages, disabilities, and injuries.