Southern Pharmacy, in coordination with the Arkansas Department of Health, will be a participating COVID-19 vaccine provider. Vaccine distribution will follow the Arkanas Deparment of Health Vaccination Plan Map. The Arkansas Deparment of Health Vaccination Plan Map can be viewed here.
All Arkansans greater than 12 years of age are eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines
COVID-19 Third Doses
The CDC Advisory Committe on Immunizations (ACIP) has recommended COVID-19 vaccine third doses for Moderately to Severely Immunocompromised People
CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 vaccine third doses can be viewed here:
COVID-19 Booster Doses
CDC recommends that the following groups should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 Vaccine at least 6 months after completing their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series (i.e., the first 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine):
- people aged 65 years and older
- residents aged 18 years and older in long-term care settings
- people aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions
CDC also recommends that the following groups may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 Vaccine at least 6 months after completing their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks:
- people aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions
- people aged 18–64 years at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting
CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 vaccine booster doses can be viewed here:
will be contacted by a Southern Pharmacy staff member to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
Click NEXT to continue