The state of Illinois is currently in Phase 1A of the COVID-19 vaccination program. Healthcare Personnel & Long-Term Care Facility (LTCF) residents & staff are eligible to receive the vaccine during this phase. These POD’s are operated by the respective Local Health Department, questions regarding appointments can be directed to the Local Health Department:
Phase 1A: Healthcare Personnel & Long-Term Care Facility (LTCF) residents & staff.
1. Long-term care residents, defined by the CDC as adults who reside in facilities that provide a range of services, including medical and personal care, to persons who are unable to live independently, and staff at Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, Residential Treatment Centers for Substance Abuse, etc. LTCF staff includes;
1. LTCF Staff: Nurses and Nursing Assistants, Physicians (MD, NP, PA), Respiratory Technicians, Dentists and Hygienists, LTCF Facility Staff, Pharmacists, Mental Health Clinicians, Environmental Services Staff, Reception Staff, Medical Facility Surveyor, Dietary staff, Interpreters, Laundry & security staff.
2. Healthcare personnel are defined by the CDC as paid and unpaid workers in healthcare settings who have the potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials. Inclusion in Phase 1A is not dependent upon payment for a person’s work or job title. Situations associated with higher risk of transmission include caring for COVID-19 patients. This includes;
1. Hospital Settings: Nurses & Nursing Assistants, Physicians (MD, NP, PA), Respiratory Technicians, Pharmacists, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), including Fire Departments staff acting as EMS & Air Medical Transport (Rotor & Fixed Wing), COVID Sample Lab workers, Organ Harvesters & Students on Clinical Rotations. Other workers in hospital settings at elevated risk, such as Environmental Services Staff, Reception Staff, X-Ray Technician’s, Phlebotomists, Infectious Waste Workers, Dietary staff, Laundry staff, security staff, Crisis intervention staff, Interpreters, Clergy/pastoral/chaplains.
2. Non-hospital healthcare: Clinicians, such as Nurses & Nursing Assistants, Physicians (MD, NP, PA), Respiratory Technicians, Dentists & Hygienists, Pharmacists, Plasma and Blood Donation Staff, Morticians, Public Health Nurses, Home Health, School Nurses, Optometrist, COVID Testing Staff, Dermatologist, Dialysis staff, Urgent care workers, Corrections nurses/aides, Physical/occupational/speech therapists, Vaccine clinic workers, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), including Fire Departments staff acting as EMS & Air Medical Transport (Rotor & Fixed Wing).
3. Other Congregate Care: Nurses and Nursing Assistants, Physicians (MD, NP, PA), Respiratory Technicians, Group Home/Residential Staff, Pharmacists, Environmental Services Staff, Reception Staff, Home Aide/Caregiver, Corrections nurses/assistants, Congregate Care Surveyor, Hospice & palliative care staff, community health workers when acting as health aid or health translator.
Phase 1B: Persons aged 65 years and older and Frontline essential workers.
1.Frontline essential workers, defined as those workers who are essential for the functioning of society and including the following;
First responders: Firefighters (including volunteers) & Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs). (EMS personnel are considered under Phase 1A)
Food and Agriculture Workers
Postal Service Workers
Grocery Store Workers
Public Transit Workers
Education sector, including teachers and Support Staff
You must complete the form to be on the Rural Health, Inc waitlist.