We are excited to announce that Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County (Healthy Smiles) is launching a poster/video contest to help promote healthy oral hygiene habits!
Your submission can be one or more of the three oral health topics:
Why oral health is important to you.
Your oral health routine.
A Public Service Announcement (PSA) about oral health.
○ How to brush and floss properly
○ You or your family’s oral health routing
○ Sharing tooth friendly foods
○ How tooth decay occurs
○ How oral health is part of overall health
○ The anatomy of the tooth and it is connection to the body
You do not need fancy equipment! You may use a cell phone or any recording device to create your video. Visuals may be a posterboard, drawing or photo depicting your oral health topic.
Members of the Healthy Smiles Board will judge all eligible submissions and will select two videos/posters per grade group as winners:
· K-2nd grade
· 3rd grade-5th grade
· 6th grade-8th grade
· 9th-12th grade
· $25 dollar gift card, Healthy Smiles Swag, electric toothbrushes, and featured on HSK’s website and social media!
Healthy Smiles Board Members will evaluate videos based on the following factors:
● Message and appropriateness to theme
● Informative and accurate information
● Creativity and originality
● Overall presentation
Timeline of Contest:
March 5th, 2021, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) Deadline for video submissions
March 8th-12th Healthy Smiles Board judge entries
March 16th Winners Announced
Videos or Visuals must NOT contain:
● Material that violates, or infringes on, another’s rights, including, but not limited to privacy, publicity, and intellectual property.
● A focus on brand names or trademarks.
● Copyrighted material (such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs) without necessary authorizations.
● Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
● Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
● Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations where the video is created.
● Submissions that do not comply with the rules will not be considered.
Additional guidelines and tips:
● You may use any type of recording device or picture-taking device including phones.
● Videos should be under 2 minutes in length.
● Videos and Visuals may be in a Public Service Announcement/Informational format.
● Videos can be in any language but must have English subtitles if not in English.
● Parents must fill out a ‘contest form’ to consent to their child’s participation in this contest.
By submitting an entry to the Healthy Smiles contest, you are agreeing to allow Healthy Smiles to post the winning posters/videos on our website and/or Social Media for the sole use of education.
If you have trouble uploading or have any other questions, please contact us at: 714-462-0495 or email@example.com.