Risks to my health if these teeth are not removed include but are not limited to:
2. Cyst or Tumor formation
3. Periodontal (GUM) Disease
4. Increased risk for complications if an extraction is required at a later time.
Possible complications from surgery which may have been discussed with me include but not limited to:
1. Injury to the nerves to the lower lip and tongue causing numbness which could possibly be permanent.
2. Bleeding and/or bruising which may be prolonged.
3. Dry socket.
4. Involvement of the sinus above the upper teeth.
6. Decision to leave a small piece of root in the jaw when its removal would require extensive surgery and increased risk of complication.
7. Injury to adjacent teeth or fillings.
8. Unusual reaction to medications given or prescribed.
9. Women on birth control pills should use other forms of birth control while taking antibiotics.