Purpose: To offer financial assistance to eligible employees for wellness related events which promote physical activity such as organized annual races (run/walks), bike events, Biathlons, Triathlons and individual registration for City of Laramie recreational leagues.
Funding Source: The Employee Wellness Fund is supported entirely by voluntary contributions made during the Annual Employee Campaign and the Annual Run for Your Life 5K Fun Run/Walk. Contributions are accepted through cash gifts or through payroll deduction.
Committee Organization: The committee is comprised of 3-5 Ivinson employees. A chairperson will be selected from the committee. Each committee member will be asked to serve a minimum of 3 years.
Eligibility: Applicants shall be IMH employees.
The following guidelines shall apply:
- The Wellness Events must be an organized, one time a year event/race
- When applicable, the cost of early registration fee will be covered and the remaining balance will be the employee’s responsibility.
- Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Requests for scholarship funds can be made 2 times per calendar year for no more than $75 in a calendar year. If requested amount is more than $75 in a calendar year a majority of the committee members must approve the application.
- Donation Type Events with no registration fee required will be handled by:
- $25 donation per person.
- Ivinson teams - $25 donation per person on the team up to 10 employee.
- Donations will count toward your max of $75 per year.
- Photo of participation is required – individual or group.
- Funds for City of Laramie Recreational leagues will only cover registration fees; t-shirts and other equipment are the employee’s responsibility.
- Proof of attendance in the form of a photo or certification must be submitted to the Committee Chair no later than 2 weeks after the event. Your name may be posted on Ivinson's SharePoint indicating receipt of the Employee Wellness Fund and completion of your event.
- The Employee Wellness Fund is not designated to pay for membership to fitness clubs/classes or for training sessions.
- The Employee Wellness Fund committee can allocate funds for incentives for employees participating in Ivinson wellness related events.
Distribution of Funds: The Employee Wellness Fund Committee makes all decisions regarding the distribution of funds. A quorum of at least three members will be needed to review applications and make decisions regarding availability and distribution of funds. Disbursements will not be made directly to the employee. Employees must contact the IMH Foundation before registering for their event to arrange for the distribution of funds. If employment with IMH is terminated prior to 90 days following the completion of this event, the full amount of the fund will be reimbursed to Ivinson Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Procedure: Applicants should continue to the next page of this form to complete their application. Once an application has been submitted, the chairperson will then notify committee members who will convene within one week to review the application. The committee will then make a decision based on established guidelines and availability of funds. Once a decision has been made, the chairperson will notify the applicant as to the status of the application as soon as possible.
Ready to apply? Select Next to continue to the application.