There is a new study called "Experiences of Mechanical Circulatory Support Patients with Primary Implant Education" that could help care providers like doctors and nurses better understand and help their patients. For this study, you are invited to describe your experiences with LVAD/RVAD education when you first received your device.
This survey is part of a doctoral study for Dawn M. Christensen, a Ph.D. student at Walden University.
About the study:
- One 30-60 minute telephone or online video interview with the researcher
- Two 5-20 minute follow up discussions with the researcher by email to review and ensure the researcher has correctly recorded and interpreted the meanings of the information that has been shared.
- Your privacy will be protected and none of your personal identifiable information will be shared
Volunteers must meet these requirements:
- 18 years or older
- Currently supported by an FDA approved LVAD/RVAD
- Speak English
- Can answer questions verbally without help
At least 10 participants will be chosen from volunteers based on whether their implant was planned or unplanned. You will be contacted via email by the researcher as to whether you have been included in the study group.