It is our goal to make your child’s therapy and developmental journey an enjoyable experience. We strongly believe that parents are experts when it comes to their children and therapists are specialists and facilitators. We are committed to empowering and supporting parents with the necessary information and skills to assist with their child’s development. Below please find the roles and expectations of parent and clinician.
1. Cancel appointment 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time if unable to participate.
2. Arrive to scheduled sessions on time and attend on a consistent schedule.
3. Cancel appointment if child or other family member has a fever of 101 degrees or higher, or exhibiting other symptoms of illness.
4. Be prepared to participate and learn with child during the appointment
5. Be prepared to participate with a home program.
6. Take responsibility for other children brought to the center and follow the safety rules.
7. Refrain from using cell phones during child’s appointment.
8. Share information about child with clinician that may benefit the child’s progress and/or participation.
9. Communicate expectations openly with clinician.
10. Please bring appropriate baby items to center. i.e.: diapers, wipes, etc.
Therapist or Early Interventionist Commitment:
11. Cancel appointment within 24 hours if unable to participate.
12. Cancel appointment if I have a fever of 101 degrees or higher, or exhibiting other symptoms of illness.
13. Be prepared to develop and teach parent strategies to meet the goals identified on child’s Plan of Care.
14. Provide information about resources and new techniques that may benefit child.
15. Begin and end sessions on time.
16. Involve parent in therapy process.
17. Provide ongoing communication about child’s participation, progress, or challenges.
18. Provide home program to the parent/caregiver.
Our goal is to provide the child and family with a comfortable and supportive environment. In the event that a parent or therapist has a concern that has not been effectively resolved, the Clinical Director may be contacted at 355-7637 x421. Parents will also receive frequent surveys to monitor and improve our services.
Please note that two or more “no shows” (no call to cancel appointment) in one month, will result with the child being placed on hold until parent can resume a consistent therapy schedule.