Guidelines Updated August 2023 - Please notice updated changes!
- Participation in ONE Product Sales Programs is required to receive approval for money earning projects. Exceptions can be granted for new troops provided you agree to participate in the coming Girl Scout Year.
- Money earning projects involve Girls selling a product they have made or providing a service.
- Girl Scouts cannot directly solicit cash.
- Girl Scouts cannot solicit or raise funds for another organization.
- Girl Scouts must be the sole beneficiary of a project.
Money earning projects can be done anytime throughout the year even during Sweets and Treats and/or Cookie program. However, they cannot do a money earning project that conflicts with our product programs. Here are some examples of what they cannot do:
· Can’t have a bake sale during the cookie program
· Can’t schedule a cookie booth sale during their approved money earning project. (i.e., can’t do a cookie booth sale during their rummage sale)
· Can’t make/sell chocolates during the Sweets and Treats program