1. Decide if your friend has not been treated fairly by others.
2. Decide if your friend wants you to stand up for him/her.
3. Decide how to stand up for your friend.
4. Stand up for your friend.
From Skillstreaming the Adolescent: A Guide for Teaching Prosocial Skills (3rd ed, © 2012 by E. McGinnis, Champaign, IL: Research Press (www.researchpress.com, 800-519-2707
1. Decide if you are being left out.
2. Think about why the other epople might be leaving you out of something.
3. Decide how you could deal with the problem.
4. Choose the best way and do it.