1. Define what the problem is.
2. Think about possible causes of the problem.
3. Decide which are the most likely causes of the problem.
4. Check out what really caused the problem.
From Skillstreaming the Adolescent: A Guide for Teaching Prosocial Skills (3rd ed, © 2012 by E. McGinnis, Champaign, IL: Research Press (www.researchpress.com, 800-519-2707
1. Decide if the other person said or did something that you want to thank him/her for.
2. Choose a good time and place to thank the other person.
3. Thank the other person in a friendly way.
4. Tell the other person why you are thanking him/her.