1. Decide whether you are feeling bored or dissatisfied with what you are doing.
2. Think of things you have enjoyed doing in the past.
3. Decide which one you might be able to do now.
4. Start the activity.
From Skillstreaming the Adolescent: A Guide for Teaching Prosocial Skills (3rd ed, © 2012 by E. McGinnis, Champaign, IL: Research Press (www.researchpress.com, 800-519-2707
1. Decide if the other person said or did something that you want to thank him/her for.
2. Choose a good time and place to thank the other person.
3. Thank the other person in a friendly way.
4. Tell the other person why you are thanking him/her.