1. Figure out what goal you want to reach.
2. Find out all the information you can about how to reach your goal.
3. Think about the steps you will need to take to reach your goal.
4. Take the first step toward your goal.
From Skillstreaming the Adolescent: A Guide for Teaching Prosocial Skills (3rd ed, © 2012 by E. McGinnis, Champaign, IL: Research Press (www.researchpress.com, 800-519-2707
1. Decide if the other person said or did something that you want to thank him/her for.
2. Choose a good time and place to thank the other person.
3. Thank the other person in a friendly way.
4. Tell the other person why you are thanking him/her.