The following risks may occur with the above treatments:
* There is a risk of scarring.
* Short-term effects may include reddening, mild burning, temporary bruising, or blistering. Hyper-pigmentation (browning) and Hypo-pigmentation (lightening) have been noted after treatment. These conditions usually resolve within 3-6 months, but permanent color change is a rare risk. Avoiding sun exposure before and after the treatment reduces the risk of color change.
* Infection: Although infection following treatment is UNUSUAL, bacterial, fungal, and viral infections can occur. Herpes simplex virus infections around the mouth can occur following a treatment if you have a pre-existing condition. Should any type of skin infection occur, additional treatments or medical antibiotics might be necessary.
* Bleeding: Pinpoint bleeding is rare but can occur following treatment procedures.
* Allergic reactions: In rare cases, local allergies to tape, preservatives used in cosmetics, or topical preparations have been reported. Systemic reactions (which are more serious) may result from prescription medicines.
* I understand that exposure of my eyes to light could harm my vision. I must keep the eye protection goggles on at all times if part of treatment protocol.
* Compliance with the aftercare guidelines is crucial for healing, results, prevention of scarring and hyper-pigmentation.
Occasionally, unforeseen mechanical problems may occur and your appointment will need to be rescheduled. We will make every effort to notify you prior to your arrival to the office. Please be understanding if we cause you any inconvenience.