Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4626. (a) In order to prevent potential conflicts of interest, no member of the governing board or member of the program policy committee of a regional center shall be any of the following:
(1) An employee of the State Department of Developmental Services or any state or local agency which provides services to a regional center client, if employed in a capacity which includes administrative or policy making responsibility, or responsibility for the regulation of the regional center.
(2) An employee or a member of the State Council.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (h) of Section 4622, an employee or member of the governing board of any entity from which the regional center purchases client services.
(4) Any person who has a financial interest, as defined in Section 87103 of the Government Code, in regional center operations, except as a consumer of regional center services.
Title 17 Section 54520. Conflict of Interest Standards for Regional Center Governing Board Members.
(a) The following constitute conflicts of interest for regional center governing board members:
(1) A conflict of interest exists when a member of the governing board or a family member of such person is a director, officer, owner, partner, shareholder, trustee or employee of any business entity or provider, holds any position of management in any business entity or provider, or has policy-making authority in such an entity or provider, except to the extent permitted by Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4626(a) (3) and (b). These conflict-of-interest provisions are in addition to those stated in Welfare and Institutions Code, Sections 4622(a)(9) and 4626.