COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious respiratory and vascular disease that is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person in the form of aerosols and large droplets. Inhalation of contaminated air into the lungs or contact through membranes of the eyes are considered pathways of infection. COVID-19 is different from the flu and other common illnesses. This virus has a long incubation period and one may be asymptomatic and be contagious without knowing it. Anyone can have the virus, not have symptoms and yet still be highly contagious.
Determining who is infected by COVID-19 can be challenging and complicated. Challenges include the availability for virus testing, that infected individuals could be asymptomatic, or symptoms can be similar to other conditions people may experience. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have implemented sanitary and PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements.
The Soma Institute of Structural Integration® has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, it cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, exposing yourself to contact with others will increase the possibility of contracting COVID-19.
Everyone entering the Soma Institute Clinic or Classroom is required to provide accurate and truthful COVID-19 related exposure risk and sign/symptom information. On a daily basis, students and faculty members will be assessed for an elevated temperature (using touch free thermometer).
By signing this document, I confirm that:
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by receiving treatment from a student practitioner and/or the faculty at the Soma Institute and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death.
- I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Soma Institute may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to the faculty, students and any model clients of a student practitioner.
- I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience.
- I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the students, the Soma Institute of Structural Integration and its faculty/staff, and the business, from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
- I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the students and/or the faculty at the Soma Institute of Structural Integration, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after receiving bodywork.
- I have read the General, Student-Instructor, and Clinic protocols and agree to abide by them.
- I have read the information about COVID-19 and been given the opportunity to seek clarification regarding symptoms and the disease.
- I acknowledge that I could contract the COVID-19 virus from activities or interactions unrelated to any visits to the Soma Institute facility.
- I understand and accept the additional risk of contracting COVID-19 from being at the Soma Clinic, lecture facilities, and in the building the school is held.
- I accept that there is an increased risk of contracting the COVID-19 by choosing to attend the Soma Institute.
- I will answer the COVID-19 screening questions truthfully or to the best of my ability, each time I am required to complete the health disclosure.
- I understand that by not answering the COVID-19 questions accurately, I put the health of all persons at the Soma Institute and the health of others at risk.