Level Up Your Sessions:
Developing the Mini-Series and other strategies to personalize your Soma sessions.
July 15-18, 2022. LANGLEY, WHIDBEY ISLAND, WA
Get ready for 4 days of inspiring brain and body learning, including answers to these questions:
- What is Advanced work? Understanding what constitutes Advanced Soma work and what are fundamental elements of an Advanced Series.
- How do I create an Advanced Series? How to approach and create an Advanced Series: Theory and applications to advance your clients evolution and integration.
- What does Advanced Movement Education look like? We will explore strategic Soma Movement Education concepts and applications.
- How do I adapt the Series? We will discuss strategies for adapting the 11-Series or an Advanced Mini-Series to complex issues: How to create a treatment plan for clients that need thorough work, have complicated issues and injuries, and/or time sensitive performance goals.
- How do I keep my work innovative and effective beyond the 11-Series. We will explore strategies to transcend the Recipe.
You'll also give and receive work with your Soma colleagues—you'll be feeling good after 4 days of Soma magic.
Lead Teachers: Jesse Guerrero & Denise Foster Scott
Cost: Early bird pricing $1,150- Save $100 ~ (After May 1st: $1,250)
CEU's: 32 (Washington State and IASI approved)
This course fulfills 1 of the 3 Core Modules needed for the Advanced Certification.
The Advanced Intensive is meant to deepen your knowledge of Soma philosophy, theory and practice. The Advanced courses comprehensively explore the Soma paradigm, including exploring your own internal experience, and new information that will assist your continuing development. The Advanced courses provide an environment for somatic discovery, in-depth dialogue, and expansive perspectives.
The 128-hour Soma Advanced Training is offered in three year blocks. Students must complete three different Core Modules (totaling 96 hours) and two Electives (totaling 32 hours). Coursework can be taken over the course of more than three years as needed.
In order to apply for the Advanced Soma Certification the practitioner must be in practice for a minimum number of 2 years, and/or have instructor approval.
More info and registration can be found on the Soma website here.