Definition of Telehealth
Telehealth involves the use of electronic communications to enable You In Mind Behavioral Health providers to connect with individuals using live interactive video and audio communications. Telehealth includes the practice of psychological health care delivery, diagnosis, consultation, treatment, referral to resources, education, and the transfer of medical and clinical data.
I understand that I have the rights with respect to telehealth:
1. The laws that protect the confidentiality of my personal information that I have already signed also apply to telehealth. Copy of our Office Policies and Therapeutic Informed Consent can be provided.
2. I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telehealth during my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
3. I understand that there are risks and consequences from telehealth, including, but not limited to, the possibility, despite reasonable efforts on the part of the provider that: the transmission of my personal information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures, the transmission of my personal information could be interrupted by unauthorized persons, and/or the electronic storage of my personal information could be unintentionally lost or accessed by unauthorized persons. You In Mind Behavioral Health utilizes secure, encrypted HIPAA compliant audio/video transmission software to deliver telehealth.
4. You In Mind Behavioral Health providers follow the State of Nebraska Telehealth Act Sections 71-8501 to 71-8508 as well as their respective board regulations and ethics. They have also received training to provide tele-health services.
5. By signing this document, I agree that certain situations, including emergencies and crises, are inappropriate for audio-/video-/computer-based behavioral health services. If I am in crisis or in an emergency, I should immediately call 9-1-1 or seek help from a hospital or crisis-oriented health care facility in my immediate area.
Payment for Telehealth Services
You In Mind Behavioral Health will bill insurance for telehealth services when these services have been determined to be covered by an individual’s insurance plan. The standard copay and/or deductibles would apply. If insurance does not cover telehealth, or when there is no insurance coverage, you may wish to pay out-of-pocket. We can provide you with a statement of service to submit to your insurance company.
Patient Consent to the Use of Telehealth
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telehealth, have discussed it with my clinician and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I have read this document carefully and understand the risks and benefits related to the use of telehealth services and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained.