13. As joint employers, I will notify Bella Mente prior to terminating any caregivers and inform them of the effective date. I will notify Bella Mente if assistance is needed in terminating an employee.
14. Contact the Bella Mente Program Manager in the event of a billing or payment complaint.
15. Notify Bella Mente in writing if I want to terminate this agreement at any time.
16. Comply with Bella Mente company policies and procedures.
Provider Roles and Responsibilities
As your Homecare provider, Bella Mente agrees to perform the following:
1. 1. Enroll and meet all standards as a PCA Provider and 245D License holder with the Minnesota Department of Human Services, including passing a criminal Background Study (BGS).
2. As a joint employer with the Consumer or Responsible Party, enter into a written agreement with each caregiver the Consumer chooses to hire before services are provided to the Consumer.
3. Obtain releases, request and secure background checks according to the State of MN human services licensing act for all caregivers referred by Consumer or Responsible Party.
4. Bill the Department of Human Services or appropriate health care plan for personal care assistant services rendered.
5. Pay the caregivers at the rate determined by the Consumer as provided on the Bella Mente Pricing Schedule.
6. Issue paychecks, withhold and remit all applicable state and federal taxes from caregiver's paychecks.
7. Arrange for and pay the employers share of payroll taxes, unemployment insurance, workers compensation insurance and liability insurance for all staff.
8. Keep records of the hours worked by caregivers as submitted by the Consumer or Responsible Party.
9. Assist Consumer in terminating caregiverss, if requested to do so by the consumer.
10. Assess an administrative fee for the provision of Homecare services. (Refer to the Pricing Schedules for current Administrative Fees.)
11. Ensure arms length transactions and confirm Bella Mente is not related to the Consumer orcaregiver.
As a Caregiver employed by the Consumer and Bella Mente, I agree to the following responsibilities:
1. Enter into a written agreement with the Consumer and Bella Mente, as joint employers, before providing services
to the consumer.
2. Complete all required forms and provide necessary information to Bella Mente, including criminal background study release and my Individual PCA Provider ID number prior to providing services to the Consumer.
3. Complete and pass a criminal Background Study with the BCA submitted through Bella Mente, before working any shifts, a requirement of eligibility to be a personal care assistant.
4. Obtain and maintain an active Individual PCA Provider ID number from the Minnesota Department of Human Services. I agree to complete and submit updated registration forms to Bella Mente any time my personal information (legal name, residential address, phone #, etc.) changes.
5. Obtain training from the Consumer (or Responsible Party), to ensure I can satisfactorily perform all responsibilities in the Consumer's Care Plan. Training includes: proper use of equipment, review of care plan, medication procedures, safe transfers, emergency information form and procedures, and any other forms. I agree
to communicate with the Consumer (or Responsible Party) directly, regarding any health or training concerns.
6. Provide and maintain my personal emergency contact information to the Consumer (or Responsible Party) for my own safety while on the job.
7. Work at scheduled times as determined by the Consumer, notifying the Consumer of changes as early as possible to arrange for backup assistance. NEVER work over 40 hours a week unless permission in writing from the company is obtained. You will not be paid for unauthorized work hours over 40 a week.
8. Provide Homecare services to the Consumer as specified in their plan of care, following written and verbal directions from the Consumer. Communicate respectfully and directly to the Consumer regarding services. Understand Caregiver will NOT be paid for timesheets deemed fraudulent by the Company or Client.
9. Assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Health Related Functions (HRFs) as directed, being observant and staying alert to ongoing instructions by the Consumer. Support the Consumer when they participate in community activities, relationships and involvement with others.