Please read all the information listed below. We ask that you read it in its entirety and contact us if you have any questions or concerns. After reading the dental procedures please proceed to the Dental Consent Form and fill it out in its entirety, complete with a signature and the phone number of the authorized agent.
Our pre-dental exams are performed prior to your pet’s scheduled dental procedure date. At this appointment an examination of your pet is done, requirements for the dental procedure are updated and a comprehensive blood work profile is completed. Once the pre-dental exam is complete, your pet’s dental procedure is scheduled within the next 30 days.
- Ear to tail exam addressing any concerns you may have as well as recommendations by our veterinarian
Requirements for Surgery:
- Rabies vaccination
- DAPP (Distemper vaccination)
- Bordetella Vaccination
- Heartworm Test - Negative result (pet’s over 1 year of age)
Comprehensive Blood Work Profile:
- Blood work is drawn and sent out to our lab for testing looking for any levels that may affect the safety of anesthesia or health of the pet. This blood work panel is valid for 30 days
Evening Prior to Dental:
Fasting (withholding food) – Your pet will need to be fasted the night before surgery to ensure an empty stomach.This is important for anesthesia safety.
Please remove and do not give any food (including treats) no later than 11 pm
Please do not give any food or treats the morning of the procedure
Water is ok to give through the night and into the next morning.
Morning of Dental Procedure:
Check-In - Times for Dental Procedure Check -In are between 8:00am and 9:00am Monday – Friday.
A time will be reserved for your pet upon scheduling the dental procedure.
Please arrive at the practice during your scheduled Check -In time
Please make sure when bringing in your pet he/she is restrained either by a leash or in a secure carrier
Expect to spend 5-10 minutes during check-in as the staff will complete the following:
- Review of the signed dental consent form
- Verification of your emergency contact number
- Current weight check of your pet
- Addressing any questions or concerns you may have
After Check-In is complete your pet will be made comfortable until their scheduled dental time.
Post-Op Phone Call:
After the dental procedure, as your pet is in recovery, our dental assistant will call with an update on your pet. These calls normally occur between 1pm - 3pm. At this time, your discharge time will be confirmed and any questions you have may be answered.
All discharges occur between the hours of 4:30pm - 5:30pm unless otherwise directed by our veterinarian. A discharge time is scheduled for your pet at the time of check-in.
Please arrive at the practice during your scheduled Discharge time
Expect to spend 10-15 minutes during discharge as the staff will complete the following:
- Invoicing and payment of services
- Home Care Instructions - explained by one of our assistants.
- Release of your pet