CO Softball Tournament Game Rules
1. Each game will be 7 innings or 55 minutes long whichever comes first
2. Coin toss will determines home and visitors
3. 5 runs MAX per team per inning
4. Game will automatic end if winning team has a 15 run lead after 3 innings or a 10 run lead after the 5 inning
5. Male players at the time of batting, will start with a ball and a strike
Number of players
1. Max players on the field 10
2. Min players on the field 6 (only if Team has 3 male and 3 females)
3. Total of players per team in the dugout 16…..any additional players must remain outside field until team captain makes a substitution.
4. No one other than players will be allowed in the dugout
5. Players from the ages of 15 years and older are allowed to participate in the tournament
Roster and substitutions
1. A female can only be substituted by a female, a male for a male
2. Teams batting roster will alternate batting sequence by sex, female followed by a male
3. Teams must provide a batting roster to the umpire and the opposing team’s captain before the game begins in a timely matter
4. A. batting roster can have a total max of 12 players.
5. 12 players can bat at any time but only 10 players can be on the field
6. Substitutions of players either from the bench or from outside the dugout must be noted on the batting roster and in a timely manner provide a copy of the roster to the umpire and the opposing team’s captain
1. Females will always start the batting roster followed by the male.
2. Either a Female or Male is not available in the bating sequence, the Team will obtain an automatic out.
3. Males at all times will bat weak side and they must let the umpire know before getting into the batting box.
4. In the event that the pitcher suspects that Male batter is not batting weak side, pitcher has the authority to switch the batter.
5. In the event a female player takes the base on balls, the female player will advance to second base
6. Male players at the time of batting, they will start with a ball and a strike
7. If player bats out order, player will be out at first pitch (as per batting roster)
8. All teams will be allowed only one home run per game and any additional home runs will be counted as outs. (Only in this tournament due to being a Charity)
Tournament Rules & Regulations
*RESPECT each other and The UMPIRE!
*UMPIRE has the last say so, regardless if you feel it’s the wrong call
*Arguing and fighting among each other, fans, teams and with the umpires will not be tolerated
*In the event of a disturbance, a team will be disqualified from the tournament and ejected from the field
*Fans and players will escorted out of the field in case they’re involved in a disturbance or after several times of being warned not to be disrespectful towards other fans, players, staff members and umpires
*This is a charity event so NO FOOD OR DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the Tournament
*Each team will be allowed to have Water and or Gatorade while in the dugout while in the process of a game
*It’s recommended matching Team Jerseys but not mandatory
Please be advised all captains and coaches are required to be present during the opening the opening ceremony to receive all necessary items for their players.