Welcome to Astra Behavioral Health's Adult Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program!
As a participant in Astra Behavioral Health's Freedom Recovery program, you will be able to learn strategies to better manage recovery from chemical dependency, and mental health difficulties, that often make day-to-day life incredibly challenging. Astra Behavioral Health's Freedom Recovery Adult Virtual IOP accepts ages eighteen (18) years of age and older. We do not accept adolescents, anyone seventeen (17) years of age and under, into our adult program. If you are a parent or guardian requesting Adolescent IOP services for your child under the age of eighteen (18), please reach out to our recovery team at email@example.com or call us at (270) 900-4588 for information regarding Adolescent IOP programs.
In our IOP program, we focus on treating Dual-Diagnosis, meaning both the chemical dependency, and other mental illnesses. We believe addiction and alcoholism runs hand-in-hand with underlying mental illnesses. To best treat the chemical dependency, we must treat the mind as a whole. The Freedom Recovery program offers two virtual adult group times to best fit into your work, school and family schedules. We hope to break down any barriers that may hinder you from receiving treatment.
- Daytime Group: 10:00am - 1:00pm EST
- Evening Group: 5:00pm - 8:00pm EST
IOP Group Session Days: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
Freedom Recovery utilizes a team approach to provide you with an encompassing treatment plan personalized to your recovery goals. Your recovery treatment team could consist of the following:
- Therapist: works with participants in group, individual, and family counseling.
- Psychiatrist/Nurse Practitioner: works with participants to monitor and manage any psychiatric medications deemed appropriate.
- Primary Care Physician: will be informed of your participation via letter and encouraged to communicate as part of the treatment team as appropriate.
- Patient Care Coordinator: guides you through our program and will be your main point of contact for additional support in your recovery.
- Targeted Case Management: if eligible, this service is highly recommended to assist you in obtaining needed resources and goal-setting.
- You: as the most essential part of your treatment, you will need to put effort into your treatment and implement new strategies into your life.
We proudly accept most Commercial and Medicaid insurance plans in our Freedom Recovery program. Just a few insurance providers we accept include: Anthem BCBS, Humana, Cigna, Aetna, United Healthcare, Passport, Wellcare and many more! If you do not see your insurance provider's name on this list, please give us a call at (270) 900-4588 to verify coverage.