Please review the following information before beginning the enrollment form.
School Based Dental Centers are a partnership between Choptank Community Health and Kent County Public Schools. This program allows students to receive dental care right at school. Care is coordinated with your student's primary primary dentist. Choptank Health will always obtain parent/guardian permission before seeing or treating your student.
Services available in the School Based Dental Centers include:
- Dental screening
- Polishing / cleaning
- Fluoride (may be applied twice)
- Dental sealants
- Oral health education
- Dental emergency referrals
The School Based Dental Program does not take the place of your primary Dentist. A Dental Hygienist will screen your child to determine which services will be provided or if a referral is necessary. The Hygienist pro-vides care in the school setting that promotes healthy teeth and gums. Your child should go to your dental office for a complete exam with x-rays as often as recommended by your Dentist.
To complete this enrollment form, you will need:
- Your student's health history, including medications, allergies, and recent surgeries
- Your family health history
- Dental insurance information, if applicable. NOTE: If your student does not have insurance, they are still eligible to receive services. You may apply for the Sliding Fee program, which provides discounted services based on household income.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Choptank Community Health System at 410-479-4306 Ext. 1038.