The National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration/Long Term Care Academy of Fellows is established to serve as a forum for educational guidance and provision.
Directors of Nursing and RNs in the long term care continuum, who have achieved certification through NADONA prior to the establishment of this Academy, may be inducted into the Academy.
As Fellows in the Academy of Fellows, the title, FACDONA (Fellow of the Academy of Certified Directors of Nursing Administration) may be used following their credentials. To obtain fellowship, the following criteria must be met:
Candidates must be a member of NADONA.
Requirement for Inductees
- Must be a registered professional nurse
- Must have achieved certification through NADONA/LTC
- Must be actively involved in state and local NADONA chapter (e.g. officer, Committee Chair or member)
- Must demonstrate contribution to community through non-profit organizations outside place of employment and NADONA/LTC
- Submit two professional references
- Must complete Academy Bio-form
Those who have achieved certification and who have met the listed criteria shall be considered “Fellows” in this association.
Such Fellows may meet annually at the National Conference. It shall be their charter to promote the educational activities of this association.
Further, the Academy chairperson or designee shall review annually, the Rules and Regulations for the certification process of the National Association Directors of Nursing Administration/Long Term Care.
- To recognize superior achievement and dedication to long term care.
- To recognize the development of leadership qualities.
- To foster and support high professional standards.
- To strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the profession and association.
Academy Benefits and Opportunities
- Networking with colleagues through health related meetings
- Expertise utilized in review of the certification process.
- Service – involvement in NADONA/LTC’s regional and national projects.
- Speakers Bureau: A network of speakers on various nursing topics related to long term care.
- All Fellows may apply and are eligible to participate in Speakers Bureau. This is not a requirement.