Circle of Security Parenting Program Assistant
25 Hours (Part Time)
This position supports all facets of Circle of Security Parenting (COSP) programming as directed by the COSP program coordinator.
- Highly relational, organized, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and experience leading groups.
- Familiar with attachment theory as it pertains to parent-caregiver relationships.
- COSP training is preferred. If the applicant has not completed training, it will be expected once hired.
- Additional professional development to complete:
- COSP classroom training
- Fidelity coaching with Psychoanalytic Center of the Carolinas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-facilitates COSP daytime and evening groups.
- Helps support COSP contract facilitators.
- Fosters positive relationships and connections with program participants.
- Manages Google Voice “warm” text line.
- Schedules and facilitates individual make-up sessions.
- Communicates with probation officers, attorneys and case workers.
- Assists with administrative tasks related to group facilitation and coordination such as mailings, deliveries, preparing certificates, setting up technology links, transportation and refreshments.
- Participates in state-wide monthly Circle of Support meetings.
- Attends SAFEchild meetings including monthly program team meetings, monthly agency-wide staff meetings and weekly clinical collaboration meetings.
- Attends and assists with agency events.
- Attends agency and community trainings specific to racial equity and inclusion.
- Partners with SAFEchild’s community engagement and training coordinator to build relationships in the community to expand the COSP network.
All SAFEchild staff support the agency’s mission and programs and maintain the highest standards of honesty and professional ethics. Staff members are courteous of program participants and the community and work harmoniously with SAFEchild colleagues and volunteers. Unless otherwise directed by the Executive Director, all information about agency clients or programs shall be held in the strictest confidence.