To take photos:
1. Remove makeup or tinted sunscreen (we need to see your skin!)
2. Remove any oil or moisturiser so the light doesn't reflect off these and obscure your skin
3. Secure hair and head coverings away from your face so we can see all your skin
4. Ensure your camera lens is clean
5. Turn your face towards a source of natural daylight, such as a window or doorway, and hold your camera between you and the light source
6. Look at the screen, and check your face is not in shadow. Do not take photos in direct sunlight, directly under a downlight, or at night as this obscures your skin.
7. Some devices will automatically focus on the background when you are close to the camera. To fix this, just hold the camera further away and tap and hold on the centre of the image to ensure the focus is on your face
8. Remove reading glasses before taking the photo
Here are some examples of acceptable/unacceptable images:
Take a look at your photos before you upload them - if you cannot see the skin condition you are seeking treatment for in the photos, neither can we!