The first 100 nonprofit organizations to complete and submit a Grant Application will be eligible for the Maui Visitor Industry Charity Walk (VICW) grant funding. Eligible nonprofit organizations include, but are not limited to, Associations, Foundations and Schools. Proof of non-profit status is required. All applicants MUST actively participate in the Maui County 2023 Visitor Industry Charity Walk held in May 2023.
SUBJECT AREA OF INTEREST
Preference will be given to organizations that provide the following services:
- Homelessness (social/welfare)
- Children and Education
- Cultural and Arts
- Health and Physical Fitness
USE OF FUNDS
- All grant funding must remain in Maui County and are utilized to benefit the Maui County community. No funds are permitted to be used outside of Maui County.
- Funds will NOT be granted for:
- The purchase of tangible real property or personal property.
- Operational and/or administrative items.
- Payment of the accumulation of interest or for the reduction of deficits or loans.
- Grants will be considered on the basis of an organization’s community impact and may vary in scope and size.
- Grants from the VICW, Maui County are not a source of guaranteed continuous funding.
- Grants will be calculated on the organizations active participation and their funds raised with a flexible tiered percentage match based on but not limited to the above Subject Area of Interest.
Grant applications will be accepted through April 15, 2023 or on a first come first serve basis to the first 100 nonprofit organizations by order of date and time received. Applications MUST be fully completed with supporting documents to be accepted. The organization will be notified of participation by someone from the Maui Charity Walk Headquarters.
- Applicants are encouraged to read all materials carefully and to call the Maui Hotel & Lodging Association office (808) 244-8625 with any questions before turning in applications.
- All applications must be submitted through the online grant portal.
- Complete the Grant Application & submit with required supporting documents as follows:
- Copy of IRS tax status letter (NO tax returns accepted)
- List of current Board of Directors
- Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted, no exceptions
- The VICW Allocation Committee reserves the right to award or deny any Maui VICW Grant Application and may request modifications or additional supporting documents to the application at any time.
- All organizations seeking funds, must submit a new application and its supporting documents each year.
APPROVAL REVIEW & GRANT AWARDS
Funding allocations and the tiered percentage match from the 2023 Maui VICW are solely at the discretion of the Allocation Committee which is comprised of industry representatives from selected Maui Hotel & Lodging Association member properties and allied businesses in good standing. The identity of the committee members and the tiered percentage match will NOT be made public.
Eligible Grant Funding includes:
- Walker pledges through the online MobileCause platform or the official 2023 Registration Form
- Organization/Business fundraisers on behalf of “Charity Walk”.
Please note the Charity Walk logo/mention must be present on any and all fundraising materials (i.e. flyers, tickets, social media, etc.). Copies of these backup documents must be submitted with the corresponding contribution.
Funds submitted for grant percent match MUST be verified and approved and are subject to audit for any irregularities.
**Organizations will be notified of their Grant Award in August 2023.
Grant application will close by end of day on April 15 or upon the max nonprofit participation of the first 100 organizations who submit a complete online grant app.
Contact the Maui Hotel & Lodging Association at 244-8625 or via email email@example.com