The law allows or requires us to use or disclose your health information without your permission,
• When a state or federal law mandates that certain health information be reported for a specific purpose.
• Such as contagious disease reporting, investigation or surveillance and notice to and from the federal Food and Drug Administration regarding drugs or medical devices.
• To inform governmental authorities about victims of suspected abuse, neglect or domestic violence, or a crime that happens somewhere else.
• For licensing of doctors for audits by Medical and Medicare, for investigation of possible violations of health care laws.
• For judicial and administrative proceedings, such as in response to subpoenas or orders of courts or administrative agencies.
• To a medical examiner to identify a death of person or to determine the cause of death, or to a funeral directors to aid in burial, or to organizations that handle organ or tissue donations.
• Worker’s compensation programs.