Welcome to Camp Get-A-Way’s 20th Anniversay Celebration!
Since 2002, Camp Get-A-Way has been a place where you and your kids can play, connect, create, and bond in the great outdoors. Try new things like archery, swimming, fishing, and canoeing as a family. Share laughter and s’mores by the campfire. Create memories over tie-dye fun, camp crafts, and games. Find hope through the family resources and training. And start lasting friendships with other New York families facing similar challenges.
We know life often doesn't feel "normal" when you have a child struggling with an emotional, behavioral, or mental heath challenge. That’s why Camp Get-A-Way comes alongside families like yours to create a safe camp experience where families can just be families.
One of the goals is to encourage and foster parent empowerment. This year at Camp Get-A-Way, we're inviting parents to help us co-lead the Parent Coffee Hour. If this is something you're interested in, please let us know.
Please be sure to read through the application to be certain you have all the documentation you need. Camp sessions are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited. A complete list of eligibility criteria is available by contacting Camp Get-A-Way. Each family member MUST have a medical history form and physical or letter from Doctor office.
- Spring Session: May 6-8, 2022 at Hidden Valley Camp in Witkins Glen
- Summer Session: August 22–25, 2022 at Camp Bristol Hills is Canandaigua
- Fall Session I: September 16-18, 2022 at Camp Shankitunk in Delhi
- Fall Session II: October 7-9, 2022 at Camp Wyomoco in Varysburg (if there is enough interest and other sessions are filled)
In celebration of our 20th anniversary, familes only need to pay a $20.00 application fee to attend a session in 2022. If a family does not show up or leaves before the session ends without making prior arrangements, they will be billed the full amount.
Typically, camp costs:
- $420.00 per family + $20.00 non-refundable family application fee
- 520.00 per family for applications received after August 1, 2021 + $20.00 non-refundable family application fee
- There is an additional $50.00 charge per person for families with more than 5 family members.
- Please submit payment by sending a money order to Camp Get-A-Way for the application to be processed. Applications will NOT be processed without the family application fee.
- Applications and complete payment are due 30 days prior to the start of the session for which you registered.
Due to very limited staff availability, every effort should be made by the family and with their service provider to arrange transportation directly to Camp.
Please include special medically prescribed dietary needs with your application materials and notify CGAW at least one week before camp if anyone’s dietary needs have changed. In addition, other dietary accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis with advance notice.
Have questions? Visit cgaw.org/faqs or contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in 2022!
Ken Tangel, President