HCC, a community initiative of Cape Assist, is striving to increase protective factors and reduce risk factors for substance misuse among youth in our community. This year’s topics will focus on the importance of staying drug-free and building resilience!
The contest is open to all students in grades K-12 in Cape May County.
(Younger students may need the help of an adult to discuss and choose a topic from one of the four topics below)
Students are invited to create a poster/art PSA or a 60-second video (or less), or a written PSA on one of the following four topics:
- Mental Health: It’s Okay to Talk About It
- The Power of Connection
- Why I Choose to Be Drug-Free
- Self-Care During Tough Times
Entries are due by Friday, March 15, 2024
Before completing the PSA submission form:
- Individual PSA entries will require parent/legal guardian information and signature to complete/submit the form. Forms should be completed together with the student and their parent/legal guardian.
- Group PSA entries - students will need to have their parent/legal guardian complete a waiver and consent form, which can be found on the website, or ask their advisors for a print version. Group entries without all participants' parent/legal guardian waivers and consent forms will not be reviewed and will be deemed ineligible for the PSA contest.
*ONLY students that are 18 years of age and older will be able to sign within this form and will not need a legal/parent signature or complete a separate legal/parent signature waiver and consent form.