PRINTABLE APPLICATION - CLICK HERE
The Maui Hotel & Lodging Association’s membership scholarship program is designed to encourage and benefit our members and their children in seeking higher education. Funds are provided as financial support to students who display excellence in academic achievement, leadership, and community service
Scholarships available: $500 - $2,500 each
- Applicants must be a high school senior or a registered post-secondary student
- A current employee or child of an employee to an MHLA Allied or Property Member in good standing with the association
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 during the previous semester, if applicable
- A Hawaii resident and U.S. citizen
Applicants must complete and submit all parts of the application as listed below. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- A completed Maui Hotel & Lodging Association Scholarship Application Form
- A Personal Statement (400 words or less) that addresses the applicant’s educational and career goals, co-curricular activities, commitment to serve Hawaii and its people, and work experience
- Letters of Recommendation from the below list. Letters of recommendation from family members will not be accepted.
- Instructor (at least 1 letter required from previous school year), if applicable
- Employer or Internship Sponsor, required
- An individual who made an impact on their life, required. For example: community leader, church leader or volunteer group leader.
- A Resume summarizing employment, education, extra-curricular activities, community service, accomplishments, and awards.
- An official academic transcript, if applicable
Scholarship Selection Committee:
The Selection Committee is comprised of industry and community representatives. The identity of the committee members will NOT be made public.
Upon review of all applications, the Selection Committee will decide on the top candidates. Those selected as top candidates may be contacted for an interview with the Scholarship Selection Committee.
Completed applications must be received by 4 pm on Friday, April 21, 2023. Physical PDF applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailed to Maui Hotel & Lodging Association, 85 N Church Street Wailuku, HI 96793
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
The Selection Committee reserves the right to award or deny any application and may request modifications or additions to the application at any time.
Any materials submitted will NOT be returned.
Notification and Redeeming your Award:
Recipients will be notified by email of their award in May 2023.
Scholarship funds must be used to pay for tuition, books, and school supplies for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 college semesters. Scholarship Awards may be redeemed in one of two ways:
- Option 1: Sent directly to your school of choice. Proof of enrollment along with student ID information to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option 2: Reimbursed directly to the student upon receipt of payment confirmation along with proof of enrollment. Receipts to claim your direct to student scholarship reimbursement are due no later than July 1, 2024 and can be sent to email@example.com