I acknowledge by signing this agreement that I have been given the full opportunity to ask any and all questions which I might have about the obtaining of a tattoo and that any of my questions have been answered to my full satisfaction. I specifically acknowledge that I have been advised of the facts and the matters set forth below and agree as follows:
- If I have any conditions that might affect the healing of this tattoo, I will advise my tattoo artist. I am not pregnant or nursing. I am not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I do not have medical or skin issues such as but not limited to: acne, scarring (keloids), eczema, psoriasis, freckles, moles or sunburn in the area to be tattooed that may interfere with said tattoo. If I have any type of infection or rash anywhere on my body, I will advise my artist.
- I acknowledge it is not reasonably possible for the representatives and employees of this tattoo shop to determine whether I might have an allergic reaction to the pigments or processes used in my tattoo, and agree to accept the risk that such a reaction is possible.
- I acknowledge that infection is always possible as a result of a tattoo, particularly in the event that I do not take proper care of my tattoo. I have received aftercare instructions and I agree to follow them while my tattoo is healing. I agree that any touch-up work needed, due to my own negligence, will be done at my own expense.
- I realize that variations in color and design may exist between any tattoo as selected by me and as ultimately applied to my body. I understand that if my skin color is dark, the colors will not appear as bright as they do on light skin.
- I understand that if I have any skin treatments, laser hair removal, plastic surgery or other skin altering procedures, it may result in adverse changes to my tattoo.
- I acknowledge that a tattoo is a permanent change to my appearance and that no representations have been made to me as to the ability to later change or remove the tattoo. To my knowledge, I do not have a physical, mental, or medical impairment or disability which might affect my well being as a direct or indirect result of my decision to have a tattoo.
- I acknowledge I am over the age of 18 and that I have truthfully represented to my tattoo artist that the obtaining of a tattoo is by my choice alone. I consent to the application of the tattoo and to any actions or conduct of the representatives and employees of the tattoo shop reasonably necessary to perform the procedure.