Status & Expectations
THE IC SHALL PERFORM THE DUTIES HEREUNDER AS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AND NOT AS AN EMPLOYEE . IC SHALL BE ACCOUNTABLE TO ANGELS FOR THE ULTIMATE RESULTS OF ITS ACTIONS BUT SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO DIRECTION AND CONTROL OF ANGELS. NEITHER THE IC NOR ANY AGENT OR EMPLOYEE OF THE IC SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE AN EMPLOYEE OF ANGELS. IC SHALL PAY WHEN DUE ALL REQUIRED EMPLOYMENT TAXES AND INCOME TAX WITHHOLDINGS, INCLUDING ALL FEDERAL AND STATE INCOME TAX AND LOCAL HEAD TAX ON ANY MONIES PAID PURSUANT TO THIS CONTRACT, IC WILL RECEIVE A 1099 AT THE END OF THE YEAR. THE CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE CONTRACTOR AND ITS EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ENTITLED TO UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS UNLESS IC OR A THIRD PARTY PROVIDES SUCH COVERAGE AND THAT ANGELS DOES NOT PAY FOR OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE SUCH COVERAGE. IC SHALL HAVE NO AUTHORIZATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO BIND ANGELS TO ANY AGREEMENTS, LIABILITY, OR UNDERSTANDING EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. IC SHALL PROVIDE AND KEEP IN FORCE WORKER’S COMPENSATION (AND SHOW PROOF OF SUCH INSURANCE) AND UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION INSURANCE IN THE AMOUNTS REQUIRED BY LAW, AND SHALL BE SOLELY AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS OF THE CONTRACTOR, ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS. ANGELS SERVICES LLC DOES NOT PROVIDE WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE. IC SHALL FURNISH ANGELS WITH WRITTEN CERTIFICATION OF THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH COVERAGE, PRIOR TO THE FINALIZATION OF CONTRACT PROVISIONS.
TERMINATED CONTRACTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FINAL PAY RULES AND REGULATIONS AND FINAL PAY RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE ONLY FOR EMPLOYEES AND DO NOT APPLY TO INDEPENDENT CONTRACTS. REIMBURSEMENT UPON CONTRACT TERMINATION WILL REMAIN IN ACCORDANCE TO CONTRACT.
· IC is engaged in a trade, occupation, profession, or business related to the services performed under this agreement with ANGELS. IC is a registered business and is entitled to operate under the business name stated on this agreement under the laws of the State of Colorado.
· IC is free from control and direction by ANGELS in the performance of the Services covered under this Agreement, except the extent that supervision is required by law.
· IC is not required to work exclusively with ANGELS.
· A business decision to accept referrals / work only with ANGELS does NOT change the IC status and does not entitle contractor access to any benefits.
· IC will maintain the proper credentials / contractual documentation to perform the Services covered by this Agreement at all times while providing services and guarantee that ANGELS has current copies.
· IC will pay for all costs / time associated with credentials / contractual documentation and with complying with the provisions of all laws, regulations, requirements and codes which are applicable to the performance of the services.
· ANGELS DOES NOT pay the individual a salary or an hourly rate instead of a fixed or contract rate.
· ANGELS DOES NOT terminate the work or the service unless the company / owner / or an agent, such as an employee violates the terms of the contract or fails to produce a result that meets the specification of the contract or does not satisfy the client.
· ANGELS DOES NOT provide more than minimal training for the individual
· Mentorship is available upon request and does not constitute training
· Some training may be available at certain points without violating this
· Some training may be required based on rules and regulations changes
· ANGELS relies upon IC's expertise and experience to provide the services in a competent and professional manner.
*Monthly documentation of current competency in rules and regulations, policies, etc. is required in order for ANGELS to document IC is in compliance.
· ANGELS DOES NOT provide tools or benefits to the company / owner (except that materials and equipment may be supplied). IC will provide their own tools, labor, and supplies in such quantities and of the proper quality to professionally and reliably perform the services as defined on the service plan.
· ANGELS DOES NOT dictate the time or performance (except that a completion schedule and a range of agreeable work hours may be establish)
· ANGELS ONLY makes payments to the trade or business name.
· If the IC wish to seek workers' compensation insurance, here is a resource: https://www.pinnacol.com/
We are a paperless company. All agents must have tools in order to access and participate fully in order to meet requirements of contract. Agents understand and acknowledge that communication will be processed via email only and that it is agent's responsibility to maintain a valid email address and check it regularly and their Therap Account in regards to communication. All signatures are completed electronically, “electronic signature” means an electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record. 15USC 7006(5). By selecting "I agree or acknowledge" IC is submitting a legally binding signature.