Bridges Healthcare, Inc. will follow the statutes of the State of Connecticut, Section 17a-540(formerly Sec. 17-206a) to 17a-550 (formerly Sec.17-206k), that outline rights of clients at facilities such as Bridges Healthcare, inc. These rights include:
1. The right to be treated with respect and dignity.
2. The right to privacy and maintenance of confidentiality.
3. The right to participate in voluntary treatment, the right for a specialized treatment plan and the right to refuse treatment recommended by the staff.
4. The right to seek a psychiatric consultation or the right to refuse such a recommendation. In addition, clients may refuse to take medication recommended by a psychiatrist. . If client chooses to receive medication, it will only be with informed consent.
5. The right to receive treatment that is based upon a sliding fee scale determined by the client’s income.
6. The right to treatment regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex or other attributes.
7. The right to access the grievance procedure if a client feels any of the above rights were violated. If this process does not remedy the situation, the client has the right to formal legal action.
In addition to the statutes above, clients’ rights include protection from abuse, financial or other exploitation, retaliation, humiliation and neglect.
Any client believing that his or her rights have not been fully considered may use the grievance procedures outlined on the next page. Agency Ethics and Grievance Policies are posted in our waiting rooms.