Timeliness is important and we strive to begin sessions at their scheduled time but due to driving between homes and uncontrolled circumstances start time may vary 10-15 minutes at times.
If your service is time sensitive, such as the provider is the only one caring for a client after school or another caretaker will not be available to provide care, make this known so that providers can arrange schedules to accommodate the time sensitive nature of the appointment.
If at any time your provider is not providing the agreed upon service within your expected timeline, reach out an alert us directly.
· Safety is our #1 concern. Home visits may be cancelled if road conditions are poor and there are travel advisories.
-Caregivers must be present for the entire visit for early intervention.
-Other services and individualized service plans may or may not require caregiver presence during sessions.
· Please call the provider to cancel appointments. Sessions may not be able to be rescheduled. If there is less than 3 hours notice, a care conference may need to conducted. If client's do not regularly keep their appointments service may not be able to continue.
· Please note that frequency of visits may be reduced or change during holidays, vacation times, or due to a provider becoming ill. If the provider cancels the care-giving responsibility reverts to the primary caretaker unless other plans are specifically made.
· If a family is not home for a scheduled visits, does not return phone calls or other attempts to contact them, it is assumed the family does not want to participate in services and will be discharged. This will be documented and the case manager updated.
· If individual has aggressive challenges caretaker must be close at hand during sessions and is responsible for intervening and any damages unless otherwise planned for.
*Requests for schedule changes will try and be accommodated but will depend if the provider has openings.