Enclosed is the application for Weatherization. This application must be completed and returned to our office with all of the needed documents before we can determine eligibility. If you are determined to be eligible, you will receive a notice of eligibility. If you have any questions or need help completing the application please call our Program Assistant, Carol Burnett at 518-943-9205.
Please make us aware of any previous weatherization done to your home.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Names and ages of all members of household.
2. Proof of income for all members of household - This may be in the form of any of the following:
a. Pay Stubs - If employed the previous 4 weeks from date of application.
b. Statement from Social Security Administration.
c. Statement of lnteragency Referral from the Department of Social Services.
d. lnteragency Referral from Department of the Aging.
e. Unemployment Benefits - Stubs from previous 4 weeks.
f. Retirement Benefits - Copy of award notice.
g. Dividends, interest and rent are all considered income.
3. Copy of fuel bill and electric bill.
4. Proof of ownership of the property - This could be in the form of a Deed or Bill of Sale.
5. Land tax bill or Lot I.D.#
The steps of Weatherization are as follows:
1. Application is completed and approved for Weatherization.
2. The Energy Audit is performed on your home. This is an energy inspection of your home that takes 2 - 4 hours to complete. We ask that you be present for the energy audit.
3. Weatherization Work is performed on your home. Skilled Weatherization staff and subcontractors perform work.
4. Post-Inspections all work is inspected after completion by Weatherization Director and the Quality Control
Thank you for your interest in our program. We look forward to reducing your energy costs.